5 December, 2014
Kashke BademjanPosted in : Stews on by : email@example.com
Ingredients:Serving 6-8 people
- 2 large eggplants
- 1 cup of kashk (thick whey)
- 1 medium onion
- 1½ tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of dried mint
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt (taste)
- ½ teaspoon of pepper (taste)
Directions – Eggplants:
There are many way to cook eggplants ¼
- 1. Cook the eggplants using the oven (20-30 minutes in 420 degree)
- 2. BBQ the eggplants
- 3. Fry the eggplants in a pan over stove in hot oil.
Whichever way you decide to cook the eggplants, first cut the eggplant in half and brush the flesh with oil.
Directions – Caramelizing Onion:
Over medium heat in a large sauté pan add the olive oil and sliced or chopped onion. Add the salt and the pepper. Sauté the onions until its color is golden brown (about 10-15 minutes).
After the eggplants are cooked, the flesh will be soft to the touch. Remove the flesh from the skin. In a pot over medium heat, add to the eggplant flesh the tomato paste and the dried mint, the caramelized onion, and the garlic. Place the lid on the pot and let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes. Puree the eggplants, and add salt, pepper, the kashk, and the dried mint. Place the mixture on a platter and decorate with fried onions, cooked dried mint, and kashk.